Smiling farmer in Yunnan, China

Train 25 Community Leaders

$1,500 of $1,500 raised
Personal Info

Credit Card Info
This is a secure SSL encrypted payment.
Billing Details

Donation Total: $60

{amount} donation plus {fee_amount} to help cover fees.

This is our most critical project.

Community Leaders are essential to the success and sustainability of all projects that fight poverty in rural China. They play a vital role in the entire process, from the planning stage all the way through to completion. Every project has a dedicated Community Leader,  and it would not be successful without them.

Each year Project Partner regional leaders train new community leaders in rural China. Their training is a one-year program that includes topics on teamwork, leadership, problem-solving and project planning. Community leaders are responsible for learning the curriculum then return to their village and train additional ten leaders.

Each of the Community Leaders trained with this project will, in turn, train 10 more leaders. That means your support for this project will ensure training for 500 Community Leaders!

Training for 25 Community Leaders: $1,500

  • One-year program
  • Training materials
  • Lodging and Meals
  • Every graduate trains ten more leaders
  • $60 provides training for one leader

Meet Community Leader: Mr. Lee

Behind each completed project in rural China is an active Community Leader. Meet Mr. Lee; he completed the Community Leader training program in 2014. Now Mr. Lee is a leader in Zhehei village in Yunnan province. His first major project was a water piping system to make water accessible to the 363 people in his village.

Zhehei’s only water source was situated a few miles up in the mountains from the village population. Access was difficult and time-consuming. Mr. Lee knew the community’s survival depended on access to water.

Together with Project Partner regional leaders, Mr. Lee created a plan to bring water to Zhehei village. The leaders shared their plan with the local government who provided the labor and funded 70% of the project. Project Partner supporters stepped in to fund the remaining 30%.

Mr. Lee worked continuously, over six months to help oversee the project. Finally, Zhehei people had water. Water brought new life and hope to their rural community.