Clean Water For Jijie Farmers
Access to clean water is a foundational challenge in rural China. It contributes to the Poverty Crisis in a multitude of ways, including the spread of disease and depletion of free time for women and children. When the common severe droughts come, it further complicates the already complex issue.
This project provides enough water storage for all 105 villagers. It includes multiple storage systems, strategically placed in the village for easy access by all. You’ll help provide clean water for crops and drinking water for families. Crops will flourish and provide adequate income for farming families. The water system will create more harmony and teamwork in the village rather than fights and division from scarce resources.
- Rain is seasonal, need way to store water to use for dry months to sustain crops and health
- Water = life for crops, no crops means no food on the dinner table
- Water provides health for farmers and families. Need to be healthy to go to work and attend school
- Currently, no safe way to store water, villagers make their systems but are inadequate to store water without contamination and leakage
- Lack of water causes fights over villagers home made systems